Wednesday 5 August 2015

My Father is the gardener: lesson 4 leave space for God to work


I am always wanting to do more in order to be impressive.  I felt like God showed me a picture of him having cleared a 'bare patch' in the flower beds and planted a small seed there with designs that it should grow into something beautiful over time if the space was kept clear.


And there I was rushing in with some brightly coloured bedding plants I'd bought cheaply to 'fill' the space.  It looked instantly pretty and colourful but it was crowding out the space for the other plant to make a start. The bedding plant flowers soon die away but what God wants to grow will last many months, seasons and years.

Father forgive me for filling my life with the cheap, quick and easy 'bedding plants'. Help me slow down, give you space to work and allow for that which is worthwhile in my heart to take time to cultivate.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment