Wednesday 16 March 2016

The same but different - do things out of love

So often I think:

Should I be doing something different?

Should I be doing something 'more'?

God has been speaking to me that what He cares about more is the heart with which I do things rather than the amount of things I do or even exactly what it is I'm doing.

So often I'm rushing through the thing I'm doing in order to get onto the next thing. Always rushing on to get one more thing done.

I was brushing Charlotte's hair. She hates the tugs needed to get the knots out.  God showed me I needed to stop seeing it as another job on the list to get ticked off. But to see it as an opportunity to love her by slowing down just a little more to tease out those knots gently.

I can brush Charlotte's hair as a job.

Or I can do it as an act of love.

It can look almost imperceptibly different on the outside.

But the difference on the inside is huge.

It is huge to God. Because He looks on the heart.

And He says that whatever I do for the least of these I do for him.

I've been trying to remember that each day as I go through the many tasks of being a housewife and a mum. I can transform my day by doing each thing out of love for the person I'm doing it for and out of love for God.


No comments:

Post a Comment