Monday 11 November 2019

God's masterpiece

About six months ago at housegroup, I was given my cup of tea in this amazing mug which revealed things God says about me as I drank down the drink. It blessed my socks off and I looked on the internet for it, only to find it was out of stock. 

(Possibly rather disturbingly) Facebook did not forget that I had wanted that mug and popped up an advert for it on my feed the other week once it was in stock again.  So I duly ordered it (of course, their marketing strategies have NO effect on me whatsoever!) intending to ask my husband to give it me for Christmas. 

Today, a delivery company that will remain nameless tried to deliver that parcel to my house while I was out.  As they got no answer at the door, they threw the parcel over the side gate. 



This is what I saw when I opened my parcel:
I took out the pieces and tried putting them together, wondering whether it was at all feasible to glue it back together somehow. As I tried to match up the words on the pieces, I was struck by what I saw:
The word 'piece' was in pieces!
It made me reflect on the truth of that statement.  

I am God's masterpiece.  However, I am also broken. But even in my brokenness I am still a masterpiece that He has made.

I am made in the image of God has the last bit of the word God missing.  It reminded me that I am not God. I am less than God. I bear His image, but imperfectly.

I loved the way that the word 'progress' was in so many pieces!  Yes! Still a lot of progress needed to piece me together, but God is working on me - Hallelujah!

It just made me laugh the way that the word 'over' was literally over the word 'comer' in 'overcomer'.  It reminded me to keep it in perspective. It's just a broken mug after all.  I need to get 'over' it! 

'I am grateful' at the bottom came as a challenge.  The mug I'd been wanting all these months and especially anticipating for the past few days after ordering it had arrived broken. But that doesn't need to break my gratitude.  There is always SO MUCH to be grateful for.  

So if you feel like your life is in pieces, just remember that you are STILL God's masterpiece. That truth holds firm even in the brokenness.  

And for those of you who like the idea of the mug, you can get one at:


Just make sure someone is at home when you expect delivery of it!!  😂😂😂😂😂

No comments:

Post a Comment