Monday 24 February 2020

Milk drunk on God's love

Psalm 23 v 5 (The Passion Translation)

"You become my delicious feast . . . you give me all I can drink of you until my heart overflows"



When I read this this morning, I got an image in my mind of a milk drunk baby.  Babies drink milk until it starts to leak back out of their mouths and they are so full they cannot manage any more.  Then they just smile and doze and dribble milk down their chins while their little tummies try to digest it all. They are floppy, sleepy, happy and totally stuffed.

It struck me that God's love is like that.  There's so much more of it than we can manage. But when we drink as deeply and fully as we can of it, we just dribble his love back out from a place of fullness. And there is always more - so much more than we can manage.

So keep drinking!  Get 'milk drunk' on God's love.


No comments:

Post a Comment