Thursday 9 April 2020

Everything we need



Yesterday I was grumpy with my husband.  I felt very justified.  I also felt cross because I knew shouting at him about it would only make him dig his heels in. 

Thankfully I went to God with my grumps.  I told Him how awful my husband was.  How he needed to change.  

God listened.  God waited for me to listen.  

Which I did . . . eventually . . . after a good wallow. 

I asked God what I should do.  How could I correct him and show him the error of his ways?

When God finally had my attention He reminded me . . . how much He had forgiven me.  How He continues to love me despite my ongoing flaws and failures.

His instruction was not what I was hoping for:  love him. 

I realised that my own love for my husband was inadequate and that I needed God to give me His love for my husband.

I came across this verse:

"His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness" 2 Peter 1:3

Oh gosh!  No excuses.  He gives me everything I need to live a godly life.  I don't have to have it myself already. I need to come to Him. He has all I need.  He doesn't download it all in one go for the rest of my life though. I need to come to Him each day - even each moment - and receive His resources for whatever situation I'm in. 

Thank You Father for loving me and for your patience with me. I come to You now, so thankful that You have everything I need and more.  I open my heart to receive Your immense love. Please fill me to overflowing so that I can love those You give me to love - especially my family!!  Amen.

PS Please note that my husband had not done anything more terrible than lose his patience over spilt drinks and bad table manners.  No need to call social services!!

No comments:

Post a Comment